Pazham Nirachathu is the malayalam word for Stufffed Banana. Ripe Banana stuffed with grated coconuts, nuts, and eggs, then its fried in ghee…oh my ! even the thought makes anybody drool, isnt it? It’s such a simple and easy snack which can be prepared in just a matter of minutes using the ingredients that are always seen in the pantry and not only that this is healthy, filling and a nutritious snacks; even you can serve for breakfast too.
Recipe for Pazham Nirachathu /Ethakka Nirachathu /Stuffed Whole Banana
Preparation Time : 30 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
Ripened Banana /Nenthrapazham : 3 no’s
For making stuffing:
Grated Coconut : 6 tbsp
Cashew nuts or Almonds : 8-10 (chopped)
Raisins : 1 tbsp
Egg : 1 (beaten, Optional)
Sugar : 2 tbsp
Cardamom Powder : 1tsp
Ghee or Butter : 2 tbsp
Oil for pan frying
All Purpose Four : 1/4 tbsp
Sugar : 2 tbsp
Salt a pinch
Water : as needed to make a thick paste
Method of Preparation:
1. Heat a non stick pan, add ghee, cashews and raisins and stir fry cashews and raisins; remove and keep aside .
2. Add grated coconut and sugar in the same pan, saute for couple of minutes.
3. Add eggs to the roasted coconut and scramble the eggs.
4. Add cardmom powder and fried cashew nuts, raisins; mix everything well and switch off the stove and let them cool.
5. Peel the banana, and make a shallow slit lengthwise. Remove the black seeds. (Notes : If it’s hard for you to remove the black seeds from the banana, then just leave it there.)
6. Take about 3 tbsp of the coconut-nut stuffing and gently fill it into the slit made in the banana; using your hands, push the stuffing inside the banana as much as you can.
7. Mix together all-purpose flour, sugar, salt and add water to this and make a thick batter out of it.
9. When done transfer on a kitchen tissue and serve warm and Enjoy !
Pazham Pori /Ethakka Appam /Ripe Plantain Fritters
Happy Cooking !