Pakistani Chicken Biryani Recipe – Chicken Biryani Recipe- Pakistani Style
Preparation Time : 30 mins to 1 hr for marinating and 10 mins of preparing other things.
Cooking Time : 1 hrs
Serves : 6
How to make Fried Onion :
How to cook rice for Biryani :
Final Cooking and Layering Biryani:
1. Transfer half the chicken masala to the same cooking vessel /pot in which you cooked rice. Top the chicken masala with half the rice.
2. Pour half the saffron mixture onto rice along with a few drops of rose water ; mix gently into rice with fork.
3. Top with remaining chicken masala and remaining rice; drizzle with remaining saffron and drops of rose water; mix gently with fork. Sprinkle few corainder and mint leaves as final layer over the rice.
4. Cover and steam on very low heat until rice is tender, about 8 minutes. Remove from the fire.
5. Let it rest unopened on cooking vessel/pot for another 10 mins. Open and garnish with remaining chopped mint and cilantro.
- Chicken may be substituted with mutton/lamb/goat or beef or pork as you wish.
- Original recipe doesn’t call for any marination, but I personally prefer marinating the poultry /meat, cause makes it more juicy and flavorful.
- I prefer to use fresh fried onions instead of store bought as it gives a great taste to dish.
- Always sprinkle corainder and mint leaves as final layer over the rice, which makes the biryani taste more flavorful.
Happy Cooking and Happy Eating 🙂