Hello lovely Readers & Friends,…and I’m back with Al Faham Chicken – Arabian Grilled Chicken
Hope all of you are doing great! Sorry about the extended absence from blogging. Many of you have emailed me, and left comments asking what was going on, where did I go and when I’ll be back?
Well, honestly speaking, I didn’t go anywhere 🙂 nothing happened the truth is, I have changed my relationship with food, which is one of the biggest reasons why I haven’t been around. I really missed you all. Thanks to each and everyone who kept this page alive in my absence. I promise I will try to do my best to keep this space more active for the people who do care. I pinky swear.:)
Al Faham Chicken -Arabian Grilled Chicken recipe is very popular recipe in middle east. It is prepared with arabian spice mix which is called as Bezar in midlle east. The chicken is marinated with Arabian spice mix-Bezar and barbeque in a charcoal grill or in oven. It is almost same as the Indian Garam Masala. Seriously, if you like chicken, you are going to love this one and as usual, it need some time to freeze, but other than that, it’s a easy quick recipe, on top of that…it’s delicious too. I tried a couple of times and it’s a winner! Perfect treat for everyone during Ramadan and on any day.
Other Chicken recipes You Might Like:
How to make Al Faham Chicken Arabian Grilled Chicken Recipe | Charcoal Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Whole Chicken : 1 or Chicken Thighs or Drumstick : 4 Pieces (with skin or without skin as per your choice)
- Onion : 1 medium size
- Tomato : 1 small
- Green Chillies : 3-4 nos
- Garlic : 4 cloves or Garlic Paste : 1 tbsp
- Ginger : 1 inch or Garlic Paste :1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice : 2 tbsp
- Hung Yogurt or Greek Yogurt : 1 cup
- Black Pepper Powder : 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil : 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves : few
- For Fresh Arabian Spice Mix / Homemade Bezar Spice Mix:
- Turmeric Powder : 1 tsp
- Red chilly Powder : 2 tbsp or Dry Red Chillies : 4 nos (use according to your spice preference)
- Coriander Powder or Coriander Seeds : 1 tbsp
- Fennel Seeds : 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds : 1 tsp
- Whole Black Pepper : 1 tbsp
- Green Cardamom : 4 nos
- Cloves : 4 nos
- Cinnamon Stick : 2 inch
- How to make Arabian Spice Mix / Homemade Bezar Spice Mix:
- Dry roast above listed Arabian Spice Mix/Bezar Spice Mix ingredients except turmeric powder at low flame for 5 minutes. Remove from the fire and allow to cool completely.
- Grind it finely together in the coffee grinder or mixer.(Note : You can prepare Arabian spice mix/Bezar spice mix in bulk and store it in a dry, air tight container and use as required, but fresh masala taste too good or you can use store bought masala too)
- How to make Al Faham Chicken - Arabian Grilled Chicken :
- Wash, clean chicken and cut into 4-6 pieces. Make silts over the chicken pieces.
- Marinate the cleaned chicken by adding, lemon juice, hung yogurt/greek yogurt, 1 tsp of ginger paste or ½ inch piece crushed, 1 tsp of garlic paste or 2 cloves of garlic crushed and 1 tsp of black pepper for 20 mins.
- Dry roast above listed Arabian Spice Mix/Bezar Spice Mix ingredients except turmeric powder at low flame for 5 minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely.
- Grind tabove roasted spices along with turmeric powder onion, tomato, green chillies remaning ginger - garlic and coriander leaves to a smooth paste.
- Pour this grounded Arabian masala mixture onto the chicken pieces and mix well, so that all chicken pieces are well coated with the paste.
- Cover and leave it in refrigerator for atleast 4-6 hours or overnight. (Note : More you marinate better the taste. For best result marinate overnight in the refrigerator; so that all the flavors will get into it.) Remove the chicken from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- This Al Faham Chicken may be grilled or roasted or baked. To Grill : If using a charcoal grill, prepare a fire for direct-heat cooking. Position the grill rack 5 inches from the fire. Allow the coals to burn until white ash covers them and the heat is moderate.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, pressing lightly to extract excess marinade, and brush with olive oil. Place the chicken pieces on a well-oiled grill rack and; grill, covered, with the vents open, turning 3-4 times, 30 to 45 minutes or until the juices run clear when a piece is pierced near the bone with a knife.
- To Roast : If roasting, preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Place an aluminum foil on a baking tray, brush with olive oil and place the marinated chicken and bake for 10-15 minutes; take out the tray carefully using your oven mitts. Turn them over and baste it with marinade using a brush or a spoon, return to oven and bake again for 10-15 mins until the juices run clear, after baking, Change the oven setting to broil in high and broil it for about 2 minutes again turning the sides in between or until the juices run clear when a piece is pierced near the bone with a knife. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve hot Al Faham with Khuboos (Arbian bread), or with any Indian Bread and with lemon wedges, salad of your choice and hammus or as appetizers...Enjoy!
You can prepare Arabian spice mix/Bezar spice mix in bulk and store it in a dry, air tight container and use as required. It will remain fresh for up to a year.
Vegetarian can replace the chicken with paneer/cottage cheese or with Baby potato.
Do give this Al Faham Chicken -Arabian Grilled Chicken and let me know your thoughts. Hope you will like it 🙂 Don’t forget to share your opinion!
Until next time, Bon Appetite!
Like this Recipe? Sign up, and get more recipes delivered directly to your inbox.