I can hear you… hmmm I’m a good mind reader.:) You have posted this Nadan Kerala Parippu Curry recipe here before isn’t?
Yes you’re absolutely right. I had posted this recipe during my early days of blogging with an old picture that was not all appealing. So I’m reposting this Parippu Curry Kerala Style -Parippu Chaaru with a better picture!
Nadan Kerala Parippu Curry-Dal Curry is an inevitable part of Onam Sadya or for any Kerala Sadya/Feast. It’s a very simplest cooking you can ever think of making either for sadya or for an everyday cooking! Parippu-Moong Dal/Lentil is cooked with grated coconut and seasoned with spices; with ghee drizzled on top. The classic combination of rice, parippu curry with ghee sprinkled over, along with pappad makes tummy happy.. 🙂 Try it and enjoy!
Other Kerala Sadya Recipes You Might Like :
How to make Kerala Parippu Curry Recipe – Kerala Dal Curry Recipe – Nadan Parippu Curry Recipe
- Cheruparippu /Moong dal : 1 cup
- Grated Coconut : ½ cup
- Cumin : ½ tsp
- Small Red Onions/ Shallots /Pearl Onion : 3 nos
- Green Chillies : 2-3
- Turmeric Powder : ¼ tsp
- Ghee /Coconut oil : 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds : ¼ tsp
- Dried Red Chilli : 2 (broken into two pieces)
- Curry Leaves : few
- Water : as required
- Salt to taste
- Cook moong dal-parippu in a pressure cooker by adding enough water and salt into it. (Note : Mash it well by adding more water if necessary)
- Grind grated coconut, green chilles and cumins seeds with turmeric powder.
- Add grounded coconut paste, salt to the mashed dal (add water if necessary) and let it boil and remove from heat.
- Heat oil/ghee in another pan and splutter mustard seeds, add small onion, curry leaves and red chilli.
- Saute till the onion becomes golden brown and translucent. Pour over cooked dal-parippu.
- Serve with rice and pappad, drizzle some ghee on the curry before serving and Enjoy!
I hope you’ll give this Kerala Parippu-Dal Curry a try,it pairs well with rice or chapthi. Do let me know how it turns out for you in the comments below. Enjoy!
Like this Recipe? Sign up, and get more recipes delivered directly to your inbox.